In the footsteps of Jane Eyre
Saturday 12th March 2011
Setting off from the station
The George (landlord Morton) and old shop to left.
One of the many needle factories. Started by a German immigrant
In 1566 Christopher Schutz came from Germany and set up an iron works to draw wire
Site of the school
info on gate post
Ruined Catholic chapel
One cow, two big horns, three little calves
North Lees. One of many houses built by the Eyre family in the valley.
3 stories high with a Crow Colony.
Hathersage in view
Steve, Phil with Juliet- happily hopping along
Moorseats- Moorhouse light seen from the vicarage etc.
Church - chimes